Farm to School is a term to describe a broad spectrum of efforts to connect local food and agriculture with schools, students and teachers.
Why is Farm to School important?
- Provides a unique opportunity to teach required curriculum content in a creative, applied and engaging manner
- Increases healthy food options for students
- Provides a relevant market for local farmers
- Increases awareness and understanding of the relationship of food and farms
What Farm to School Resources are available?
- The Idaho Farm to School Manual
- Incredible Edible Idaho poster series
- My Idaho Plate print here
- Teacher training through Idaho Agriculture in the Classroom
- School Gardens
- Marketing materials for school cafeterias using local foods
What Schools in Idaho are Implementing Farm to School programs?
- Serving local foods in school cafeterias.