- ½ lb. Asparagus (use top 4 inches only)
- 4 oz carrots
- 1 oz bacon
- ½ oz red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp sugar
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Julienne the asparagus and carrots into long thin sticks.
- Chop bacon into fine dice.
- In a sauté pan, cook bacon until almost crispy, add asparagus and carrot and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- When mixture is heated through, add ½ oz red wine vinegar.
- Remove from heat and add ¼ tsp sugar and pinch of pepper.
- Asparagus Slaw is a great side dish served with fish or pork.