Idaho Breakfast Frittata
- 1 can (8-count) crescent rolls
- ½ Spanish Sweet onion, chopped
- 1 pound elk sausage
- 2 cups shredded Idaho hash browns*
- 5 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Press rolls into a 9" pie pan, pressing to seal perforations. Brown sausage, remove from pan, and cool slightly. Meanwhile, brown onions in sausage drippings. Slice sausage and place evenly over rolls. Top with onions and hash browns. Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper in bowl. Pour over potatoes. Top with cheeses. Bake in 350° oven for 35-40 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned. Yields 6-8 servings.
- *Can use prepared refrigerated hash brown potatoes or shred leftover baked potatoes.