Idaho Trout Street Tacos
Substitute tortilla with Idaho-grown butterhead lettuce for a delicious, carb conscious taco alternative. (Lettuce wrap pictured.)
Yield 48 tacos - 3 tacos per serving
- 12 (6 oz.) Clear Springs Foods Clear•Cuts® Rainbow Trout Butterfly Style
- 4 fresh limes
- ¼ cups granulated garlic
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound Owyhee Produce onions
- 1 large head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Purple Sage Cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 48 Fresca Mexican Foods 4.5” white street Taco tortillas (or 48 leaves of Laura Lee Farms Butter Lettuce)
- 2 cups MeadowGold Sour Cream
- Salsa Fresca
- Place trout filets in large shallow pan.
- Combine garlic, cumin, chili powder and salt and pepper and sprinkle over fish filets.
- Set aside in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Combine cabbage, onion, and cilantro in a large bowl, squeeze with juice from one lime. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Taste, and adjust seasoning.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Brush with oil. Cook fish about 3 – 5 minutes per side until done.
- Remove trout from grill, squeeze lime juice over cooked filets and break into bite sized pieces.
- Heat tortillas briefly on warm grill.
- Divide each trout filet between 3 tortillas (or leaves of lettuce).
- Top each fish taco with cabbage-onion slaw, sour cream and salsa.
- Serving Size: 3 tacos
- Clear Springs Foods Rainbow Trout Boneless Filets, Fresca Tortillas or Laura Lee Farms Butterhead Lettuce, Owyhee Produce Onions, MeadowGold Sour Cream, Purple Sage Cilantro