Idaho Trout with Caramelized Cherries
- 1 pound boneless Idaho trout filets, cut into 4 portions
- 3 cups sweet Idaho cherries, pitted and halved
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Idaho honey
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine cherries, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, honey and thyme. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Preheat broiler. Place trout filets, skin side down on foil lined baking pan. Spoon cherry mixture over and around the trout. Broil until trout is cooked through and cherries are caramelized and releasing their juices – approximately 5 minutes. To serve, plate each trout filet, drizzle with remaining lemon juice and top with caramelized cherry mixture.