Lamb Leg with Roasted Potatoes
Prep Time 15 sec
Cook Time 2 min
Total Time 2 min 15 sec
- 6 to 7 pounds Idaho Lamb leg, trimmed of visible fat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 medium red potatoes
- 6 rosemary sprigs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup marmalade
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- Coat potatoes with oil and place around edge of roasting pan. Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt. Place rack in pan and arrange lamb roast on rack. Season lamb with salt and pepper to taste. Roast at 325ºF.
- Combine marmalade, mustard seeds and thyme. Halfway through roasting, baste lamb with marmalade mixture.
- Roast to desired degree of doneness. When lamb is done, cover and allow to stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Slice and serve with roasted potatoes.
- Nutrition per serving: 761 calories, 64 g protein, 43 g carbohydrate, 36 g total fat
- (43% calories from fat), 209 mg cholesterol, 4g fiber, 880 mg sodium, 18 mg niacin,
- 0.71 mg vitamin B6, 6 mcg vitamin B12, 6 mg iron, 11 mg zinc.