Rainbow Trout with Raspberry Chutney and Asparagus Slaw
Clear Spring’s Pan Seared Rainbow Trout:
- Heat sauté pan on medium heat with ½ oz. olive oil.Coat ½ Rainbow trout (4oz) with Panko Bread Crumbs.Place trout in pre-heated pan and cook about 2 minutes on each side (bread crumbs should become lightly browned). To double check that the Trout is done, slightly push aside the fish and it should flake apart.
Raspberry Chutney (Serves 4):
- Make Raspberry Reduction (1 cup frozen Raspberries, 1 cup water, 1 oz sugar, 1 tsp cornstarch) Put all ingredients together and simmer till reduced by ¼.
- In sauté pan with tsp. of Olive oil, start sautéing on medium heat 1 tsp. ea small diced Bermuda onions and Red peppers, ¼ tsp jalapeños or about a minute. Add the Raspberry Reduction with tsp coarse chopped mint. Pull off heat and add in 20 raspberries. May need a bit of sugar to taste.
- Top Already cooked Rainbow Trout with the chutney.
Asparagus Slaw (Serves 4):
- Julienne ½ lb. Asparagus (use top 4 inches only)
- Julienne or shred 4 oz carrot
- Fine dice 1 oz bacon
- ½ oz red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp sugar
- Pinch Black Pepper
- In a sauté pan,cook bacon until almost crispy, add asparagus and carrot and mix for a couple seconds. As soon as mix is hot (about 20-30 seconds) add ½ oz red wine vinegar and then remove from heat. Add ¼ tsp sugar and pinch of pepper