Kale Loves Bacon
- 1 bunch kale (farmers market)
- 4 slices bacon (Falls Brand)
- 3 cloves garlic (farmers market)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Wash the kale in cold water and separate the leaves completely away from the stems and the middle veins. Discard stems and veins. Pat the leaves dry with paper towels.
- Fry bacon slices in a frying pan until crisp. Take the bacon out of the pan and place on a cutting board. Leave the bacon grease in the pan.
- Allow bacon to cool then chop into small pieces.
- Heat bacon grease back up over medium heat. (You should have about 2 tablespoons of grease in the pan. Pour off any extra grease and discard.)
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the cloves of garlic.
- Place the chopped bacon and sliced garlic back into the frying pan and sauté over medium heat until garlic slices begin to brown.
- Add the kale leaves to the skillet and sauté and stir for 2-3 minutes, or until the leaves begin to wilt. Place a lid over the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon the kale on to a serving platter and drizzle a desired amount of balsamic vinegar over the top and serve.