Integrating Local Foods into Summer Meal Program
Summer is a great time to incorporate local foods into your school lunch program. Summer is a time when local food is in abundance from fresh fruit and juicy melons to vine ripened tomatoes. For more information on the Summer Feeding program and incorporating local foods view the below PowerPoint.
2017 Idaho Farm to School Resources
Click on the buttons below to find easy-to-adapt resources to take one small step and implement Idaho Farm to School Month in your school!
Is Your School Participating in Farm to School?
Let us know! Please take this brief, 3 question survey.
What is Farm to School?
Farm to School is a term to describe a broad spectrum of efforts to connect local food and agriculture with schools, students and teachers.
Why is Farm to School important?
- Provides a unique opportunity to teach required curriculum content in a creative, applied and engaging manner
- Increases healthy food options for students
- Provides a relevant market for local farmers
- Increases awareness and understanding of the relationship of food and farms
What Farm to School Resources are available?
- Idaho Farm to School Manual
- Incredible Edible Idaho Poster Series
- My Idaho Plate
- Idaho Agriculture in the Classroom Teacher Training
- Marketing materials for school cafeterias using local foods – Contact Idaho Preferred