Beef Picadillo Stuffed Acorn Squash
A warm and delicious local fall recipe featuring M&M Heath Farms acorn squash, Desert Mountain Grass Fed Beef, Owyhee Produce onions and Treasure Valley salsa
- 1 acorn squash (M&M Heath Farms)
- 1 pound ground beef (Desert Mountain Grass Fed Beef)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (Owyhee Produce)
- 1 tablespoon Mexican taco seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup rasins
- Treasure Valley salsa (mild, medium or HOT!)
- To cook squash cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds and strings. Cut each half into two pieces to make four pieces.
- Place in shallow baking pan and cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until squash is tender.
- While squash bakes, brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up into ¾-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings.
- Sprinkle seasoning mix and cinnamon over beef; mix well.
- Stir in tomato sauce and raisins, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve 1/4 of the beef mixture over each squash piece and top with salsa.