- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 45 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 acorn squash – Idaho grown
- 1 pound ground beef – Idaho raised
- 1 medium onion, chopped – Idaho grown
- 1 tablespoon Mexican taco seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Treasure Valley salsa (mild, medium or HOT!)
Featured Idaho Produce
To cook squash cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds and strings. Cut each half into two pieces to make four pieces.
Place in shallow baking pan and cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until squash is tender.
While squash bakes, brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up into ¾-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings.
Sprinkle seasoning mix and cinnamon over beef; mix well.
Stir in tomato sauce and raisins, bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve 1/4 of the beef mixture over each squash piece and top with salsa.