Categorized: Instant Pot
- 1 Idaho beef Shoulder Roast Boneless or Bottom Round Rump Roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 medium Idaho onion, quartered
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic (Available at your local Idaho Farmers Market)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 jars (16 ounces) chunky salsa, divided
- 8 Idaho flour tortillas (10-inch diameter), warmed
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 cup chopped fresh Idaho tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Featured Idaho Produce
Cut beef Shoulder Roast into 4 even pieces. Place onion and garlic in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker; top with beef. Add water, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 to 5-1/2 hours or on LOW 9 to 9-1/2 hours or until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
Remove beef; cool slightly. Strain cooking liquid; skim fat. Shred beef with 2 forks. Place beef in 2-quart microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
Combine Tomato-Corn Relish ingredients in medium bowl; stir in 1/4 cup salsa.
Add remaining salsa to beef; mix well. Cover and microwave on HIGH 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
Top each tortilla with 3/4 cup beef mixture, leaving 1-1/2-inch border around edge. Top beef with about 1/4 cup relish. Fold right and left sides of tortillas over filling; fold bottom edge over and roll up. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Alternate Cooking Method