Boxty (Irish Potato Griddle Cakes)
Adapted from Fantasy Ireland
- 1/2 pound raw Idaho potatoes
- 1/2 pound cooked mashed potatoes (You can use Instant or Dehydrated mash potatoes from Idahoan)
- 1/2 pound plain Idaho flour (Use Pendleton Flour made in Blackfoot, ID)
- Idaho Milk (as needed, see directions)
- 1 local egg
- 1 medium Idaho onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Grate raw potatoes and mix with the cooked mashed potatoes. Add salt, pepper, onion and flour. Beat egg and add to mixture with just enough milk to make a batter that will drop from a spoon.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a hot griddle or frying pan. Cook over a moderate heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.