Fresh Minted Garbanzo Salad
A light and fresh summer salad using Idaho-grown garbanzo beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, romaine lettuce and mint.
- 1 pound fresh garbanzo beans
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeds removed and diced
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 ½ tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce
- Simmer fresh garbanzo beans in boiling water for 10-15 minutes.
- While beans simmer, chop tomatoes, cucumber, onion, garlic, and mint.
- Once beans are cooked, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Add all chopped ingredients into a bowl with oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss to blend flavors and chill at least 15 minutes.
- Serve on bed of romaine with sourdough baguettes from Zeppole Bakery.
- Wine Pairing: 3 Horse Ranch Chardonnay