- 1 package chocolate graham crackers (about 18 squares)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (divided)
- ¼ pound (1 stick) Idaho butter
- 1 cup whipping cream (Meadow Gold, Darigold)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (Meadow Gold, Darigold)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound fresh Idaho sweet cherries
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder (optional)
Crush graham crackers and add ½ cup of the powdered sugar.
Melt butter, mix with graham cracker crumb mixture. Press into bottom of pie dish.
Pit cherries and cut enough in half to cover the bottom of the pie shell.
In mixer, whip cream. Add in cream cheese, remaining powdered sugar and vanilla. If desired, blend in 3 tablespoons cocoa powder. Blend well.
Spread whipped cream mixture over cherries.
Chill at least 2 hours, or freeze.
When ready to serve, garnish with remaining cherries, or chocolate dipped cherries.