Chocolate Cherry Pie
A quick and simple, no-bake pie using local cherries perfect for Idaho's hot summer days.
- 1 package chocolate graham crackers (about 18 squares)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (divided)
- ¼ pound (1 stick) local butter (High Desert, Meadow Gold, Darigold)
- 1 cup whipping cream (Meadow Gold, Darigold)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (Meadow Gold, Darigold)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound fresh Idaho sweet cherries (Garret Ranches, Henggeler Packing Co., Kelley's Canyon Orchard, Northview Orchard, Ribier Gardens, Symms Fruit Ranch, Tyler's Rocky Point Orchard, Williams Fruit Ranch, Wood'n Goat Garden)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder (optional)
- Crush graham crackers and add ½ cup of the powdered sugar.
- Melt butter, mix with graham cracker crumb mixture. Press into bottom of pie dish.
- Pit cherries and cut enough in half to cover the bottom of the pie shell.
- In mixer, whip cream. Add in cream cheese, remaining powdered sugar and vanilla. If desired, blend in 3 tablespoons cocoa powder. Blend well.
- Spread whipped cream mixture over cherries.
- Chill at least 2 hours, or freeze.
- When ready to serve, garnish with remaining cherries, or chocolate dipped cherries.