- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped Idaho onions
- 3 garlic cloves minced (Available at your local Farmers Market)
- 0.5 pounds red Idaho® potatoes diced
- 1 cup sweet Idaho corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose Idaho flour
- ½ cup heavy cream- Idaho
- 2 tablespoons Idaho cheddar cheese
- green onions as needed
Set the Instant Pot to ‘Sauté’ mode and adjust the setting to ’Normal’. When the display reads ‘Hot’, add oil.
Add bay leaves, followed by chopped onions and minced garlic. Sauté until the onions are soft and translucent.
Add potatoes, corn, salt, cumin powder, and ground black pepper. Mix well.
Add vegetable broth and stir.
Put the lid on, move the vent to “sealing” and pressure cook on high for 8 minutes. When the cooking cycle is complete, move the steam valve to “venting”.
Mix flour and cream until no lumps remain. Add to the chowder and mix well.
Let simmer for a few minutes to thicken the chowder.
Garnish with cheddar cheese and finely chopped green onions.