- 3 large Granny Smith or other tart Idaho apples
- (peeled, cored, quartered and fine diced)
- ¼ cup Idaho huckleberries
- 2 tablespoons Idaho butter – separated
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ – 1/3 cup sugar – to taste (should remain somewhat tart)
- 6 6-inch Idaho tortillas
- Idaho honey to taste
Heat 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat.
Sauté apples until they just begin to soften.
Add spices, sugar and huckleberries.
Continue to cook until sugar dissolves and berries are heated through (about 1 minute). Do not overcook fruit mixture – apples should be tender/crisp and berries just heated through.
Lightly brush tortillas with remaining melted butter.
Heat on grill or griddle pan.
Place approximately 4 ounces of fruit mixture in center of tortilla.
Roll tortilla and continue to brown on grill until slightly crisp on all sides.
To serve, plate one tortilla crepe on a plate. Garnish with small amount of fruit mixture and top with whipped cream, ice cream, or softened, whipped cheesecake-flavored cream cheese