Did you know that Idaho is one of the top dairy producing states in the nation? That’s right. We rank 3rd in milk and cheese production in the US. The milk purchased at local retailers is most likely produced and processed in Idaho. As a major cheese processor, Idaho produces cheddar, Colby Jack, cream cheese, cottage cheese and other pasteurized cheeses. You can find Idaho cheeses, including cheese branded under the Idaho label, throughout the year. Other milk products produced in Idaho include butter, sour cream, cream cheese, yogurt and ice cream.
- Dairy is Idaho’s #1 agriculture industry.
- 70% of the milk produced in Idaho is made into cheese.
- One 8 oz. glass of milk provides 30% of daily calcium needs.
- Milk contains nine essential nutrients including protein, potassium and Vitamins A, D and B12.
- Quick and Easy Quesadillas
- Cherry Berry Smoothie
- Cherry Almond Yogurt Smoothie
- Strawberry Yogurt Parfait
- Sweet Corn Ice Cream
- Honey Peach Ice Cream
- Bing Cherry Ice Cream
Want to check out some of the great dairies around the state? Download the Idaho Dairy Trail Map.