Greek Grillin Cheese Appetizer
A quick and delicious holiday cheese appetizer using local Idaho Golden Greek Grillin Cheese from Ballard Family Dairy & Cheese.
- 1 lb of Ballard's Idaho Golden Greek Cheese
- 2 tomatoes on the vine, sliced into small wedges
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- Lighthouse balsamic dressing
- Cut cheese into 1/4 inch slices.
- Warm a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add cheese slices in a single layer in pan.
- Fry on one side until cheese has browned, then flip and brown on the other side.
- Place browned cheese slices on a warm plate (plate can be kept in the oven to keep cheese from cooling) and continue to brown the rest of the cheese.
- After all cheese is browned, toss the tomato slices and olives into skillet and quickly sauté for 1-2 min or until warm. Be careful not to overcook tomatoes.
- Remove warm plate with browned cheese from oven and top with the sautéed tomatoes and olives.
- Drizzle a few tablespoons of Lighthouse balsamic dressing over cheese, tomato and olives and serve immediately.