Chocolate-Dipped Oatmeal Jam Cookies
Delicious holiday cookies featuring White Satin sugar, Homemade by Dorothy huckleberry jam, Pendleton Flour Mills flour, Vogel Farms eggs, High Desert butter
Yield 2 dozen
Adapted from Live Eat Local Cookbook
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup huckleberry jam
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. When all ingredients are combined, stir in the oats.
- Drop dough by tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet, approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 4 minutes, then remove from oven and drop 1/4 teaspoon of jam in the middle of each cookie.
- Place cookie sheet back in the oven and bake the cookies for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a baking sheet for 3-4 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- After all cookies are baked, mix the chocolate chips and shortening together in a bowl. Place bowl in microwave and heat for 2 minutes to melt the chocolate, stirring as needed to prevent scorching. Stir the chocolate and place back in the microwave for another 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Place a piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet. Dip half of each cookie in the chocolate and place on waxed paper. Place cookie sheet in refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes to harden the chocolate.
- Keep cookies in an air-tight container to maintain freshness.