A fresh and delicious spring side-dish featuring Idaho-grown asparagus.
- 1-2 bunches local asparagus (Owyhee Produce - Ida-spear, Sunnyside Farm)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced (available through local farmers markets and CSA's)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (can withstand higher temperatures, but olive oil, coconut oil, etc. will also work)
- freshly ground salt & pepper
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Add avocado oil and minced garlic to a small dish or cup.
- Align fresh asparagus on a pan.
- With a kitchen brush, lightly coat asparagus with garlic oil mixture. Brush oil on each side so each spear is coated evenly.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and salt to liking.
- With tongs, place asparagus on grill in the opposite direction of the grates.
- Cook for approx 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally.
- When desired texture is reached, remove from grill and serve.
- Serve with additional salt & pepper to taste.