Categorized: Side Dishes
- 1-2 bunches Idaho asparagus
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced (Available during the Idaho Farmers Market season at your local market)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (can withstand higher temperatures, but olive oil, coconut oil, etc. will also work)
- freshly ground salt & pepper
- Grilled asparagus is best paired with Sawtooth Winery- 2018 Fly Series Dry Riesling. For more information on Idaho wines visit the Idaho Wine Commission website at https://idahowines.org
Featured Idaho Produce
Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
Add avocado oil and minced garlic to a small dish or cup.
Align fresh asparagus on a pan.
With a kitchen brush, lightly coat asparagus with garlic oil mixture. Brush oil on each side so each spear is coated evenly.
Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and salt to liking.
With tongs, place asparagus on grill in the opposite direction of the grates.
Cook for approx 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally.
When desired texture is reached, remove from grill and serve. Serve with additional salt & pepper to taste.