- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 1 hour
- Serves: 1 cup
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2 pounds ground Idaho bison
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bell peppers, any color, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 2 cans kidney beans (15 ounces each)
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced, for garnish
In a large pot, brown the bison over medium-high heat.
Add the onion, garlic, and bell peppers to the pot and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper to the pot. Mix well.
Bring the chili to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the flavors have melded together.
Serve the chili hot, garnished with your favorite toppings (sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions, etc.).