- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Serves: 1 cup
- Yield: 4 - 6
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, diced
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 yellow sweet bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Rinse the quinoa in cold water and drain.
In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and let cool.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, chopped spinach leaves, halved cherry tomatoes, diced sweet bell peppers, chopped parsley, chopped cilantro, and chopped red onion.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
Pour the dressing over the quinoa and vegetable mixture, and toss to combine.
Serve the salad chilled or at room temperature.