- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 50-55 minutes
- Serves: 1 cup
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 cup Idaho wild rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped Idaho fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped local green onions
- 2 cups of tender Idaho salad greens (arugula, romaine, butter or other lettuce)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons locally produced red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Idaho honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
Rinse the wild rice thoroughly in cold water and drain.
Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 40-45 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed.
Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked wild rice, dried cranberries, chopped pecans, parsley, and green onions. Cool to room temperature.
Once cooled, add wild rice mixture to greens and toss.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper until well combined.
Pour the dressing over the rice salad mixture and toss to coat.