- 4 Idaho eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream (Idaho)
- 1 cup Danish Pearl or Vintage Cheddar cheese, grated (Idaho)
- 1 bunch asparagus, steamed (Idaho)
- 6 slices bacon, fried crisp and chopped (Falls Brand)
- 1/4 cup ham, chopped (Falls Brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Whole wheat pie dough for single crust
- Paprika for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs and heavy cream. Season with the salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Place the pie crust in a deep baking dish or pie plate and set on a cookie sheet.
Chop enough of the asparagus to make 1 cup leaving remaining spears unchopped.
Sprinkle cheese, bacon, ham and chopped asparagus in the pie shell and distribute evenly.
Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the shell.
Place whole steamed asparagus spears artfully on the egg mixture (in spoke-like pattern, if using a round pie plate), then sprinkle with paprika.
Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the center is firmly set.
Remove quiche from oven and allow to set for 5 minutes before serving. Slice and serve.