- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Danish Pearl or Vintage Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 bunch asparagus, steamed
- 6 slices bacon, fried crisp and chopped
- 1/4 cup ham, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Whole wheat pie dough for single crust
- Paprika for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs and heavy cream. Season with the salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the pie crust in a deep dish pie plate and set on a cookie sheet.
- Chop enough of the asparagus to make 1 cup leaving remaining spears unchopped.
- Sprinkle cheese, bacon, ham and chopped asparagus in the pie shell and distribute evenly.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the shell.
- Place whole steamed asparagus spears in spoke-like pattern on top of egg mixture, then sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the center is firmly set.
- Remove quiche from oven and allow to set for 5 minutes before serving. Slice into 6 wedges and serve.
- Make Asparagus Quiche with these fresh, Idaho Ingredients: Ida Spear asparagus, Simon Boers Chevon eggs, Falls Brand bacon and Cloverleaf Creamery heavy cream.