- 2 large ripe Idaho grown tomatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 8 ounces fresh Idaho mozzarella, sliced ¼ inch thick
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (to taste)
- 8 leaves fresh basil- Idaho
Arrange tomato and mozzarella slices on a platter or individual salad plates, overlapping the slices and fanning them out like a deck of cards. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix oil and balsamic vinegar and drizzle over tomatoes and mozzarella. Cut basil into very thin slices and sprinkle over tomatoes and mozzarella. Garnish with fresh whole basil leaves. Serve immediately.