- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 25-30 mins
- Serves: 1/2 c
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Olive oil as needed, plus 1/4 cup
- 1 cup Idaho white quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb Idaho mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small red Idaho onion, halved and sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup Idaho Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 lb. Idaho asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 4 oz. Idaho feta cheese, crumbled
In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the quinoa and 2 cups of the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed; about 15 minutes.
Remove from the heat but keep covered.
In a large frypan over medium-high heat, warm the 1/4 cup olive oil.
Add the garlic, mushrooms and onion, and season with salt and pepper.
Cook, stirring frequently until the vegetables soften and begin to brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
Stir in the vinegar and cook until absorbed; about 2 minutes.
Add the asparagus and toss to coat with the oil.
Add the remaining 1/2 cup broth and cook, stirring occasionally, until the asparagus is fork-tender, about 4 minutes.
Stir in the quinoa, parsley, lemon zest and half of the cheese.
Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
Garnish with the remaining cheese, drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.