- Serves: 4-6
Categorized: Side Dishes
- 5 medium Idaho red potatoes
- 1/2 cup Idaho Danish Pearl Cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, stems and strings removed or Idaho Asparagus
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons stone ground Dijon-style mustard (Wagner Mustard)
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill- Available at your local Farmers Market
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Potato & Pea Salad is delicious paired with Indian Creek 2019 Mountain Syringa Dry Gewurztraminer.
In large saucepan bring 1 quart of water to a boil. Cut potatoes in half and carefully place in boiling water. Boil potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain water from pan and allow potatoes to cool.
Cut potatoes into cubes and place in a medium salad bowl.
Add peas and cheese cubes to potatoes.
In a small bowl mix vinegar, mustard, shallots, dill, celery seed and salt and pepper.
Slowly pour the oil in while beating vinegar mixture with a wire whisk. Whisk until dressing has emulsified. Pour the dressing over the potato pea mixture just until all ingredients are lightly coated.
Let salad chill 1-2 hours before serving.