Summer Berry Muffins
Fresh morning muffins made with seasonal Idaho berries.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup fresh seasonal berries, rinsed and sliced (The Berry Ranch, Baker Ranch, Purvis Nursery & Orchard, Ribier Gardens, Amber Valley Farms, Tyler's Rocky Point Orchard)
- 1 large egg (farmers market)
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup whole milk (Darigold, Meadow Gold, Cloverleaf Creamery)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg. Add to dry ingredients and mix.
- Add milk, oil and vanilla to dry mixture and blend.
- Stir in berries.
- Pour batter into 12 paper cup lined muffin tins. Brush topping on each muffin, if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
- Serve warm.