- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup fresh seasonal Idaho berries, rinsed and sliced
- 1 large local egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup whole milk- Idaho
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Idaho butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
In a large bowl mix dry ingredients.
In a medium bowl, beat egg. Add to dry ingredients and mix.
Add milk, oil and vanilla to dry mixture and blend.
Stir in berries.
Pour batter into 12 paper cup lined muffin tins. Brush topping on each muffin, if desired.
Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes or until done.
Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.