- Prep: 2 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 4 vine ripened or heirloom tomatoes (Idaho grown)
- 16 oz. fresh Idaho mozzarella
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (Available at your local farmers market)
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Idaho honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- To save time, you can also use a pre-made balsamic sauce (Litehouse Balsamic Vinaigrette) found in local grocery stores.
Featured Idaho Produce
In a sauce pan, combine balsamic vinegar and honey and turn on high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until the mixture has reduced to about 1/3 cup. Set aside to cool.
Cut tomatoes and mozzarella cheese into approx. 1/4 inch slices.
Arrange slices in a circle on a plate alternating between cheese and tomato.
Stir olive oil into balsamic reduction. Mix well.
Drizzle balsamic glaze over tomato and mozzarella salads.
Add a few fresh basil leaves to the center of each plate.
Serve and enjoy!