Tomato Caprese Salad
Vine ripened tomatoes with fresh mozzarella, basil and a sweet balsamic glaze.
Prep Time 2 min
Cook Time 10 min
Total Time 12 min
- 4 vine ripened or heirloom tomatoes (Idaho grown)
- 16 oz. fresh mozzarella (Precious Cheese)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (Purple Sage)
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey (any local Idaho brand you prefer)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a sauce pan, combine balsamic vinegar and honey and turn on high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until the mixture has reduced to about 1/3 cup. Set aside to cool.
- Cut tomatoes and mozzarella cheese into approx. 1/4 inch slices.
- Arrange slices in a circle on a plate alternating between cheese and tomato.
- Stir olive oil into balsamic reduction. Mix well.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over tomato and mozzarella salads.
- Add a few fresh basil leaves to the center of each plate.
- Serve and enjoy!
- To save time, you can also use a pre-made balsamic sauce (Litehouse Balsamic Vinaigrette) found in local grocery stores.