Watermelon Cucumber Gazpacho
A sweet and refreshing cold soup made with local melons, cucumbers and honey.
- 7 cups watermelon, seeded and cut into small chunks, divided (Crawford Farms, Wagner Farms, Wissel Farms)
- 1 ½ cucumbers, seeded and chopped (The Berry Ranch, Wagner Farms, Blue Barn Produce)
- ¾ cup jicama, peeled and diced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey (local variety)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves (Purple Sage Farms)
- Place 3 cups of the watermelon chunks and 1 chopped cucumber, lime juice, honey and salt in a blender or food processor and puree.
- Add additional 3 cups of watermelon chunks and process again until mixture is smooth.
- Add the fresh basil and pulse a few times to incorporate the herb.
- Pour soup into a large mixing bowl and stir in the 1 cup remaining diced watermelon, remaining ½ diced cucumber and jicama.
- Chill soup in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- Serve in chilled soup bowls and garnish with thin slices of watermelon and basil leaves.