- 8 large Idaho potatoes
- ½ cup Idaho butter
- 1 Cup Idaho Sour Cream
- 2 cups Idaho cottage cheese (small curd)
- 1 cup grated Idaho white cheddar cheese
- 2-3 Tablespoons minced Idaho onions or chopped Idaho green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced Idaho chives
- 2 tablespoons snipped Idaho parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Peel and cut potatoes into cubes.
Boil in a large pot approx 45 minutes, or until tender.
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Remove potatoes from stove, drain and mash to desired texture – blend smooth or leave bigger chunks based on preference (method pictured shows larger potato chunks).
Add butter, salt and pepper.
Stir in sour cream, cottage cheese, onions and chives.
Spoon mashed potatoes into a buttered 2 quart casserole dish.
Sprinkle white cheddar cheese on top.
Bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes.
Garnish with snipped parsley.