Cheesy Smashed Potato Casserole
A savory and cheesy white cheddar smashed potato bake.
Prep Time 20 min
Cook Time 1 hr 30 min
Total Time 1 hr 50 min
- 8 large Idaho potatoes (Potandon Produce, Wada Farms)
- ½ cup butter (High Desert, Cloverleaf Creamery)
- 1 Cup Sour Cream (Meadow Gold, Darigold)
- 2 cups cottage cheese (small curd) (Meadow Gold, Darigold)
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese (Ballard, Eden Creamery)
- 2-3 Tablespoons minced Idaho onions or chopped Idaho green onions (JC Watson, Murakami Produce, Owyhee Produce, Fort Boise Produce, Giant Produce, Hamanishi Farms)
- 2 tablespoons minced Idaho chives
- 2 tablespoons snipped Idaho parsley (Purple Sage)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Peel and cut potatoes into cubes.
- Boil in a large pot approx 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Remove potatoes from stove, drain and mash to desired texture - blend smooth or leave bigger chunks based on preference (method pictured shows larger potato chunks).
- Add butter, salt and pepper.
- Stir in sour cream, cottage cheese, onions and chives.
- Spoon mashed potatoes into a buttered 2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle white cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes.
- Garnish with snipped parsley.