Fresh Tomato Cucumber Gazpacho
A fresh and delicious cold soup made with tomatoes, cucumbers, red pepper, red onion and cilantro. Great for summer.
- 8 tomatoes – red only or a mixture of red, orange and yellow tomatoes make a colorful addition
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 1 small-medium red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups tomato juice
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce (optional – to taste)
- Cilantro for garnish
- Roughly chop tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper and onion into 1-inch chunks.
- Put each vegetable separately into a food processor and pulse until it is coarsely chopped. Do not over-process – vegetables should chunky not smooth.
- After each vegetable is chopped, combine all in a large bowl.
- Add garlic, tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce of desired.
- Mix well and chill before serving. Allow flavors to develop at least two hours prior to serving.
- To serve, ladle into chilled bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- The skin of the cucumber can be left on if you prefer.