- 8 tomatoes – red only or a mixture of red, orange and yellow tomatoes make a colorful addition- Idaho
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and seeded- Idaho
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded- (Available during the Idaho Farmers Market season)
- 1 small-medium red onion- Idaho
- 2 garlic cloves, minced- (Available during the Idaho Farmers Market season)
- 3 cups tomato juice
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce (optional – to taste)
- Cilantro for garnish
- The skin of the cucumber can be left on if you prefer.
Roughly chop tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper and onion into 1-inch chunks.
Put each vegetable separately into a food processor and pulse until it is coarsely chopped. Do not over-process – vegetables should chunky not smooth.
After each vegetable is chopped, combine all in a large bowl.
Add garlic, tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce of desired.
Mix well and chill before serving. Allow flavors to develop at least two hours prior to serving.
To serve, ladle into chilled bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro.