Herbed Beef Ribeye and Root Vegetables
- 1 4-6 pound beef roast
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds small Idaho Yukon gold or Red potatoes
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 medium onions
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Montreal Steak Seasoning or your favorite blend
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine garlic, herb blend and pepper. Reserve 2 teaspoons of garlic/herb blend. Rub remaining garlic/herb blend evenly over surface of roast. Place roast, fat side up on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer. Roast, uncovered in 350°F oven for approximately 1 ½ to 2 hours or until meat thermometer reaches 140°F for medium rare or 150°F for medium.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl add oil and salt to reserved garlic/herb blend. Cut potatoes into halves or quarters. Peel carrots and julienne and cut onions into wedges. Combine potatoes, carrots and onions in large bowl. Add herb mixture and toss to coat. Arrange vegetables in a shallow baking pan. Put into oven and roast for last 60 minutes or beef cooking time.
- When roasted ribeye reaches desired doneness, remove from oven and allow to rest. (Temperature of roast will continue to rise 5-10° to reach desired doneness). Increase oven temperature to 450°F and continue cooking vegetables for 15 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, turning occasionally.
- To serve, slice roast and serve with roasted vegetables.