- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Serves: 4-6
- 1 can Idaho garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric or paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Baguette or other crusty bread, sliced
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a mixing bowl, combine the drained and rinsed Idaho garbanzo beans, finely chopped red onion, minced garlic, chopped mint leaves, extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, and turmeric or paprika. Stir everything together until well combined.
Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
Place the sliced baguette or other crusty bread onto a baking sheet and brush with a little bit of olive oil.
Toast the bread in the oven until it’s lightly golden brown and crispy.
Remove the bread from the oven and top each slice with a spoonful of the chickpea mixture.
Serve the chickpea bruschetta warm, garnished with additional chopped mint leaves if desired.