- 2 whole heads of Idaho garlic
- 1 lb. Idaho lamb burger (Available at the Boise Co-op, direct from Gutierrez Lamb or Weiser River Ranch)
- 1 local egg
- 1 Tbs fresh rosemary, chopped (Available at your Idaho Farmers Market during season)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups white or pinto beans, cooked- Idaho
- 1/4 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup Ballardʼs Danish Pearl or Pepper Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 square cut piece Idaho Village Loaf or Challah Bun, sliced in half
- Lamb Locavore Burgers are best paired with Colter’s Creek – 2016 Arrow Rim GSM. For more information on Idaho wines please visit the Idaho Wine Commission website at https://idahowines.org/.
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Slice the ends off of the tops of the garlic heads. Place garlic on top of a piece of foil and drizzle over the top with olive oil. Fold the sides of the foil up over the top of the garlic and pinch the foil tightly at the top. Place garlic in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until cloves are tender when pierced with a knife. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Place beans, fresh rosemary, and salt and pepper in food processor. Squeeze one head of the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins into the processor. Turn machine on and slowly pour in the olive oil. Process until smooth. Pour the bean spread into a bowl and set aside. Place lamb burger in a medium size mixing bowl and add the egg, fresh rosemary, salt, and pepper. Take the other head of the roasted garlic and squeeze the cloves out of the skins into the bowl. Mix with your hands to combine. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. Pat the burger into four patties and place in a pre-heated skillet with some olive oil or on a BBQ grill. Cook over medium heat, about 3 minutes per side. Sprinkle cheese over the top of burgers and allow to melt. Spread the bean spread on one side of the bun and place the cooked burger on top. Cover with the top bun, sit down, and enjoy some of the wonderful flavors we have here in Idaho!