Peach Tomato Salsa
A sweet and slightly spicy salsa made with Idaho peaches.
- 2 peaches, chopped (Symms Fruit Ranch, Kelley's Canyon Orchard, Williams Fruit Ranch, Garrett Ranches, Northview Orchard, Henggeler Packing Co, Tyler's Rocky Point Orchard, Purvis Nursery & Orchard, Ribier Gardens, Wood'n Goat Garden)
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped (H&H Farms, Blue Barn Produce, farmers markets)
- 1/2 cup bacon, fried & chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped (farmers markets)
- 1/3 cup sweet onion, chopped (Owyhee Produce)
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded & chopped (farmers markets)
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard (Wagner Mustard)
- ¼ cup cilantro,chopped (Purple Sage Farms)
- 1 tablespoon local honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine chopped peaches, tomatoes, bacon, bell pepper and sweet onion in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Stir in a desired amount of chili peppers and the mustard, cilantro and honey.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow salsa to sit in the refrigerator for one hour to combine flavors.
- Serve with local Fresca tortilla chips.
- Prepare grilled pork or chicken and top with peach and tomato salsa for a sweet and refreshing dinner option.