Apple Carrot Salad with Huckleberry Lemon Curd
- 2 Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apples
- 2 Jonathan, JonaGold, Red Delicious or Fuji apples
- 1 large carrot
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup huckleberry lemon curd (Homemade by Dorothy)
- ½ cup whipping cream (optional)
- Wash, core and quarter apples – but do NOT peel. Slice apple into ¼ inch pieces. Shred carrots. In large bowl, toss together sliced apples, shredded carrots, and dried cherries. Gently mix in huckleberry lemon curd until ingredients are evenly coated.* Garnish with carrot curls if desired. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- *Optional: Whip ½ cup heavy whipping cream (do not add sugar or vanilla). Fold in huckleberry lemon curd. Gently toss fruit with whip cream mixture, garnish as desired.