- 1 pound cooked Idaho beef
- 2 sourdough baguettes
- ¼ garlic-flavored olive oil
- 1 pound Idaho tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh Idaho basil, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Featured Idaho Produce
This recipe is a great use for leftover cooked beef. You can use left over roast beef or steak. Simply thinly slice the cooked beef and cut into small bite-sized pieces. Lightly brush bread slices with garlic oil and toast in 325° oven until lightly browned on both sides.
To make relish, dice tomatoes and chop sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil. Combine all ingredients tossing gently to blend. Cover and refrigerate.
To assemble, plate bread slices. Top each bread slice with approximately ½ ounce sliced beef and 1 heaping teaspoon of tomato relish. Serve immediately.
Makes 32-40 appetizers.