Loaded Baked Potato Dip with Homemade Potato Chips
Yield 4 cups
- 16 ounces Idaho sour cream
- 16 slices (12-ounce package) bacon, cooked and crumbled Look for brands like Falls Brand or Hard Ball Farms
- 8 ounces sharp Idaho cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced Idaho onions
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving to allow flavors to meld together. Garnish with extra shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and chopped chives. Serve with homemade potato chips using Idaho potatoes. Dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
For homemade potato chips:
- Thinly slice two potatoes.
- In a large heavy frying pan fill oil no more than halfway and heat the oil to 350 degrees F.
- Add the potato slices in batches. Fry until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels, and season with salt.