Adapted from www.nwcherries.com
- 1-2 Alpicella sourdough baguettes, baked and sliced ½ an inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ cups pitted sweet cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced yellow sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- ½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces Ballard Family Dairy Danish Pearl cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Toast baguette slices in 350-degree oven for 5 minutes. Turn, brush with olive oil and bake on other side for 5 minutes.
- Combine cherries, cilantro, pepper, onion, lime juice, lime peel, garlic, salt, pepper and remaining olive oil; mix well. Top each baguette slice with thin slice of cheese. Return to oven and heat just until cheese begins to soften (3-5 minutes). Remove from oven and top each baguette slice with a heaping tablespoon of cherry mixture and sprinkle with basil. Serve warm or cold.